Monday, May 10, 2010

Back to the Sea

The voice of the sea is seductive; never ceasing, whispering, clearing, murmuring, inviting the soul to wander for a spell in the abysses of solitude; to lose itself in mazes of inward contemplation. The voice of the sea speaks to the soul. The touch of the sea is sensuous, enfolding the body in its soft, close embrace.
-Kate Chopin, The Awakening

My first bookmark was a gift from my mother, and it featured the poem Footprints In The Sand. It was the first poem I remember reading, and I thought it was so beautiful. Although the poem features a conversation between a man and his God, I believe it transcends faith and has a universal appeal. Cancer is a water sign, and to those who know me best you know I have always been at home on beaches. They possess both a grandeur and a quiet simplicity. . . nature's temples. 


Footprints in the Sand
One night I had a dream - - 
I dreamt I was walking along the beach with the Lord
and across the sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints,
one belonged to me and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that many times along the path of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest
and saddest times in my life.
This really bothered me and I questioned the Lord
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you would walk with me all the way,
but I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why in times when I needed you most you should leave me."
The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child,
I love you and I would never, never leave you
during your times of trial and suffering.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."
-Mary Stevenson



I think there is something very soothing about the colors and elements of a beach, and Wisteria has some stunning pieces that will bring the beach into your home.



The Coastal Living Room, featuring my favorite piece - the Acryllic Coffee Table:


The sea shell pieces are made with real shells, and no two pieces are alike. . . and the prices are shockingly affordable given the look, quality, and design of each item.  Wisteria is a treasure chest of beautiful finds, and the story of the husband and wife team and how they started the company is very Back to A:


For the love of wisteria and its gorgeous purple blossoms. . .


For the 1820 Japanese drama Fuji Musume (Wisteria Maiden) depicting the tale of a maiden, her unrequited love, and the ability of the heart to endure in spite of rejection. . .


For the plant that symbolizes honor, memory, patience, endurance, longevity, exploration, creative expansion, the duality of love and victory over hardship, explore Wisteria  and let the sea into your home.










0 comments:

Post a Comment