Monday, May 3, 2010

Back to Imperial Trellis

From the moment I picked up Kelly Wearstler's Modern Glamour, and her more recent Hue, I became quite obsessed. I can pour through these design books for hours and each time I go through them, I discover a new tip or brilliant idea for the home - she is dramatic and whimsical and believes, like Back to A does, that design can have a sense of humor.




One of the things Kelly does best is wallpaper, and the imperial trellis pattern she loves can rock out any space. I'm quite obsessed with the pattern, and now I seem to find it everywhere.  I love these envelopes from Dempsey & Carroll:


And don't even get me started on all the amazing options on Etsy - if you haven't gone to this site, I'm not sure if you are going to love or hate me - there goes the rest of your day.



The pattern is also available as wallpaper and fabric in most stores, so why not wallpaper your bathroom? Change your seat covers? (Remember I taught you how - all you need is a staple gun!)




Yes, I'm nuts for this pattern I just can't get enough of it. You can imagine my absolute delight when I stumbled upon these gems at CRATE & BARREL of all places!!! The set of six is available for $370, and can easily substitute as wallpaper if you don't have the time or the budget (wallpaper is frightfully expensive I am learning - and hiring someone to put it up requires the sale of an organ)


But how chic - above a media cabinet - especially in a room dominated by black or white.  It's a burst of color and channels the Kelly Wearstler whimsy at a budget!


If you are not in the mood for six, you can buy each one individually for $70 and you can do it online. My favorite is the aqua and silver print:


I think even two of the same color might look cool in lieu of a headboard or flanking the night tables in your bedroom.  No crates, no barrels, just total chic and absolutely effortless.  Race you to 59th and Madison?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dream for our powder room on the main floor is to put up a damask wallpaper that gives the same effect as that picture above. The damask I've had in mind since we selected this floor plan last May is a navy blue background with a large white damask print. Now that I have the set ideas for our paint in the living room and great room, which are just outside the powder room, I'm thinking that a grey or army blue with a cream large damask print will work better but still give me the dramatic look I want with the white pedestal sink.

Anisha Lakhani said...

I'm loving that you are getting inspiration / checking back so frequently! Thank you for your support!

Post a Comment