Saturday, November 16, 2013

Back to Slowness, the Pace of My Secret Garden

When she opened her eyes, she saw sunlight, green leaves, and a man's face.  She thought:  I know what this is. This was the world as she had expected to see it at sixteen - and now she had reached it.
-Dagny Taggart 

What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'd do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but it's the only thing I'd really like to be.
-Holden Caulfield

Back to stepping beyond the home and into this beautiful world, but remembering to claim the places of joy as your own and to take your time.


Brevity may be the soul of wit, but -
Slowness is the heart of truth.
A journey Back to A can never be rushed.
That is why most never succeed in arriving. 
-Back to A

Back to keeping one foot rooted in Neverland, because some of us will never be rushed.

"There is a secret bond between slowness and memory, between speed and forgetting. Consider this utterly commonplace situation: a man is walking down the street. At a certain moment, he tries to recall something, but the recollection escapes him. Automatically he slows down. Meanwhile a person wants to forget a disagreeable incident he has just lived through starts unconsciously to speed up his pace, as if were try to distance himself from a thing still too close to him in time."

-Milan Kundera, Slowness








0 comments:

Post a Comment