Monday, July 5, 2010

Back to i-accessories

The iHome Candy Lamp might be the greatest home accessory ever.


It comes in a range of colors, and is available on Amazon, Target, Toys R Us, and a multitude of websources - simply google iHome Candy Lamp and the sky is the limit. Shop around though, as the price varies. If you are impatient, just walk over to Home Depot or Bed, Bath & Beyond and pick one up of the shelves - they're usually under $50 at those two stores.


It looks like a skittle - you can literally taste the rainbow - and it comes in every conceivable color so you can match it to your ipod - if you're into that kind of thing. . . I went with the basic grey (OK was dying to get pink! But Back to A is learning to grow up. . . it is going in a corner of my living room). This is not the kind of shit you can purchase if you are in a real relationship, though. Which makes you wonder what's so real about them, and why people enter into unions which force them to allow whimsy to die.

I don't think compromise is a very nice word. Who wants to live a compromised life? I think you know you're in love when you can decorate your home in the exact way YOU love. Sometimes that means you're in a relationship with yourself. I think that's cool, too. Talk about getting heavy over a little i-accessory. I warned you. Moon Children are deep.


As per below, no comments, please. Gumby is loved by children and grown-ups. He's my office flair.


Erin at House of Turquoise may just have to get this one:


Today I discovered if I dock my iphone it actually charges the phone, too! And the music BLASTS - we're talking throughout the entire room.



I love having it on my desk, and I think it would make a terrific gift. But only to someone who would get it. If they didn't, it would suck. And you would hate them. When you say something or do something and a person doesn't get it, you hate them. You're taught to temper yourself, but tempering is like compromise. It's for people who subscribe to the status quo. A little anger. A random tantrum. It's all good. What am I blasting?

This.

I could slow dance to that by myself. It's the song I would have play at my wedding because it's beautiful and simple and I dig it. See. If you set it up just right, you could write for hours and never stop, either.  When the heart is free, so is the mind. Claustrophobia bears many cloaks.


Talk about not underestimating the little guy. . .don't hesitate. Ever. Love your way every day. The rest will come naturally.  I was dreading this life. But that's my chair the way I always wanted it. And my desk. And my room. And I dread remembering a time that wasn't exactly like. . .

Now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you actually sit in your Audrey Hepburn chair. If I had a chair like that it would be strictly for show.

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

I so need that!!!!

Post a Comment